|Pickup||+ 12 Ammo|
|Ammo Box||+ 2 Ammo|
|Rounds Per Clip | (Max Ammo)|
|3 | (12)|
|Reload Time||1.7 seconds|
|Range||Effective at very far distances|
The LR-3 Railgun looks like a high-powered, futuristic sniper rifle. What distinctly characterizes it are the laser sight, the bullet, and the structure of the barrel. The laser sight emits a laser that other players can see if you are zooming in. The bullet leaves behind a distinctive glowing trail. The barrel is an energy field that accelerates the bullet. It is created and maintained by two prongs that jut out from the railgun, giving the front the appearance of a bident.
The bullets fired from the LR-3 are very powerful. They can kill enemy infantry in two hits or with one headshot. They can also pierce light armor.
Updates and ModificationsEdit
- The Weapon Mods skill increases the clip size of the LR-3 from 3 to 5.
Earning kills with the LR-3 Railgun increases your mastery of it.
|100 Kills||500 Kills||1500 Kills|
|With the LR-3 Railgun, kill an enemy from more than 2,500 feet away.|
|Mech My Day||Bronze|
|Shoot the pilot out of a Hawk while it's on the ground.|
|Out of the Saddle||Bronze|
|Shoot the driver, passenger, or gunner out of a Razorback.|
- The LR-3 Railgun, when zoomed in, emits a long laser towards where you are aiming. The bullet leaves behind a glowing trail as well. Both of these are able to reveal your position quite quickly.
- Try to use one of these with a Vulture Pack. After firing off a few rounds, switch positions around the map to remain undiscovered by enemy players.
- You can snipe enemy R-Sec Proximity Charges, enemy Air Mines, or enemy players in certain vehicles. Experiment; the LR-3 is a very versatile weapon.
- OTS mode (L1) is replaced a zoom function that has two zoom levels. Switch between the levels using L3.
- Though difficult, an Ox Heavy Tank driver can be shot out through the tinted windows on the front and sides of the canopy using and weapon, but most effectively the railgun.
- The LR-3 Railgun "replaced" the SK-3 Sniper Rifle from Warhawk.
|Troop Weapons in Starhawk|
| Galloway Revolver • Grinder • Kinetic Rifle • LR-3 Railgun|
M.A.W. Rocket Launcher • R-Sec Proximity Charge • Union Shotgun • Welding Torch
|Knife • Tetranite Grenade|