|Build & Battle Structure|
|Rift Cost||4 Cells|
|Health||♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥|
|Function|| Allow allies to spawn|
to location, Rift collection
The Outpost (formerly the Pod Beacon) is an important tactical Build & Battle structure found in both multiplayer and the single-player campaign. However, it has slightly different uses in the two modes.
The outpost is a tall, pyramid-shaped communications tower.
Function in Single Player CampaignEdit
In the single player campaign, Emmett can use Outposts to call in CPU allies via orbital drop. He can build up to 2 Outposts, and each outpost can call in up to 4 allies.
Function in MultiplayerEdit
In Multiplayer modes, the Outpost produces a green circle visible on the mini map. Allies can spawn into the green circle and collect Rift energy within its radius.
- Used properly an Outpost can change the entire flow of a battle. Using an Outpost as a forward base by placing it closer to the enemy's base can cut the time spent traveling across the board dramatically and can allow for many more quick, successive attacks.
- Don't just build outposts. Foster them and build bases around them. Actively defend them from enemies until allies begin to spawn there.
- Outposts can be easily damaged, so place them behind environmental cover or inside the bubble produced by a Shield Generator. Back them up with Auto Turrets and Beam Turrets.
- Building outpost near a production facility (corral, garage, depot and launch pad) and you will have a much needed addition of friendly vehicle produced by the facility.
Updates and ModificationsEdit
- In Patch 1.01.001, which was released May 31, 2012, the cost of the Outpost by half (now 4, was 8).
|Build & Battle Structures|
| Wall • Corral • Garage • Auto Turret • Watchtower • Outpost • Supply Bunker • A.R.M.|
Vulture Station • Launch Pad • Beam Turret • Depot • Shield Generator
|Gate • Flak Turret|
|Single-player and Co-op Only|
|Rift Bomb • Rift Extractor|