So I've been thinking of ways to measure Health, particularly in vehicles and structures. If you look at my current work, you'll notice that each vehicle or structure has a series of hearts. Each heart represents:
- One grenade (in vehicles)
- one troop rocket (in structures)
To do this, I used a password-protected server with friendly fire at 100%. While this is effective to an extent, I need a different method for measuring the exact # of Hit-Points, especially when calculating weapons damage.
My new method revolves around the Welding Torch.
- for weapon damage: Fire weapon, repair, count ammo wasted. Rinse and repeat.
- for structure health: Build structure, switch team. Destroy and count ammo wasted.
- vehicle health: have friend in vehicle. switch te…