So I've been thinking of ways to measure Health, particularly in vehicles and structures. If you look at my current work, you'll notice that each vehicle or structure has a series of hearts. Each heart represents:
- One grenade (in vehicles)
- one troop rocket (in structures)
To do this, I used a password-protected server with friendly fire at 100%. While this is effective to an extent, I need a different method for measuring the exact # of Hit-Points, especially when calculating weapons damage.
My new method revolves around the Welding Torch.
- for weapon damage: Fire weapon, repair, count ammo wasted. Rinse and repeat.
- for structure health: Build structure, switch team. Destroy and count ammo wasted.
- vehicle health: have friend in vehicle. switch teams and destroy. count ammo wasted.
I'll be attempting to work on this, but if anyone wants to calculate HP (i doubt it), just know that the Welding Torch is the baseline.